Friday, December 3, 2010

Barbie

Toy Story's Barbie has a more posh metallic leotard
I was probably in primary school and the peer pressure got to me. Well, a little. All my good friends had at least one Barbie doll then. I supposed I had wished I had one too but I also don't remember minding not having one.

One of those days, Mom and I went shopping in one of the popular malls then called Super Kinta which has since closed down and is now a market place! Anyway, Mom was trying to get me some clothes and I kept drifting away to the Barbie corner while Mom browsed. After a few times more disappearance, Mom finally turned up by my side and asked if I wanted one too. I was surprised as I really didn't expect to be getting one as they were really expensive! She asked which one did I want and I chose the one which was costs the least, the aerobic Barbie (coincidentally that is the same one picked and featured in Toy Story 3!), priced around RM25 or RM50. Twenty years ago, that is a lot of money for a doll. Although it is one of the simplest Barbie dolls around, I really treasured it.

It is probably still hiding somewhere in a shoebox (her bed) in my cupboard along with two other Barbies I bought myself along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...