Thursday, December 2, 2010

Family Time

I had lots of blasts recently but I will start with the one that came last night. While having dinner with dear hubby (DH) and my little one (LO), we were thanking God for dinners together as a family. I reflected that I didn't get many chances to have dinners with my own family before. Mom used to work and rarely cooked. The few times she made an attempt to cook, she will be on the phone numerous times to try and get Dad to get home from the pub for dinner. Most times, the phone conversation ended up with the slamming of the phone. Come to think of it, if we do make it to the dinner table altogether all four of us, Dad would probably already have had some intake of alcohol.

Although the circumstances have changed now, Mom and Dad, whether they like it or not, have most meals together and I am glad we are able to share some meals together with them and will be back for most festive occasions and events such as birthdays to celebrate as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...